Looking for buying a MR2 SW20

Vindt uw droom MR2. Of die onderdelen waar je al zo lang naar op zoek bent.

Moderator: Pieten

Plaats reactie
BlueLine7_
Knop gevonden hoor !

Looking for buying a MR2 SW20

Bericht door BlueLine7_ »

Hello everyone!
I'm Carlos and I'm looking for a MR2 SW20
I've just moved to Holland 2 months ago for job, and I'm finally able to get one of my very desired wishes: my first sport car
So after thinking so much about it this two months, I'm definitely going for a SW20 NA, because turbo ver are so much expensive and rare right now, and I can't afford them.
So that, I got registered here to find the best tips and suggestions about buying one, and if possible, to find a good unit to buy.
My budget is right now around 4k eur, I'm looking for a model year up to 1993.
If someone is selling one, let me know!
Also, I'd like to know if units with so much km are good... Because most of the MR2 on sale, are like more than 200k km and I'm a bit afraid of that. I mean, this car would be used as daily car (about 600km a month) to go work and also as fun car on weekends (just for traveling to anywhere and maybe 2 or 3 times a year to get on track).
The best option I've found by far, is this one, but I don't know if it really is a good option:

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/toyo ... ?cldtidx=6

It's a 1992.. But anyway, If it's good I would change brake system and suspension on a future.
Also, a good point on that is that it's on a Toyota dealer, so it's a bit more trustworthy.

Thank you!
Green Goblin
Type MR2: AW11
Contacteer:

Re: Looking for buying a MR2 SW20

Bericht door Green Goblin »

Keep this in mind:
De dorpels vertonen wel wat roestblaasjes.
Where there's a bit of rust on the surface, there's probably a lot more underneath. And bodywork could get expensive fast.

But, these cars are all of a certain age, it's hard to find one (that's affordable) without rust. Just don't underestimate it.
BlueLine7_
Knop gevonden hoor !

Green Goblin schreef:Keep this in mind:
De dorpels vertonen wel wat roestblaasjes.
Where there's a bit of rust on the surface, there's probably a lot more underneath. And bodywork could get expensive fast.

But, these cars are all of a certain age, it's hard to find one (that's affordable) without rust. Just don't underestimate it.
Yes... That's my main fear about buying a SW20... but as you said, it's hard to find an unit without any rust... So many years behind the car and weather in Holland is not really helpful with that...
Green Goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Green Goblin »

BlueLine7_ schreef:weather in Holland is not really helpful with that...
We call it "The Netherlands".... ::) ;D
erikmr
Contacteer:

Bericht door erikmr »

BlueLine7_
Knop gevonden hoor !

Green Goblin schreef:
BlueLine7_ schreef:weather in Holland is not really helpful with that...
We call it "The Netherlands".... ::) ;D
Hahahahaha, okay, now I got it! (OMG I didn't know that there were so much stuff with that)
Thank you my Dutch friends that speak Dutch in the Netherlands ;D
Plaats reactie