Auto-up electrische ramen aw11

Hoe heb je welke modificaties of andere zaken aan je MR2 uitgevoerd? Om andere leden te laten zien hoe het moet, kun je onder dit board je uitleg geven.
Let op: dus niet voor vragen, want niemand kan je hier antwoord geven....

Moderator: Pieten

Leliev
Zere vingers van het typen..
Type MR2: AW11
Contacteer:

Auto-up electrische ramen aw11

Bericht door Leliev »

Let op alvorens hier aan te beginnen, bekijk dit topic ook even!
showthread.php?p=263156#post263156

Thanks goes out to tksmr2 for shipping me an extra power window relay and switch he had so I could figure out how to do this, as I don't have an MR2. It's rather easy to pull this all off, you won't need much and it will only cost you a couple of dollars. Let's get started!

Supplies:

- Sidecutters (wire cutters)
- Soldering iron
- Solder
- 3 diodes (1N4004 is what I used)
- Exacto-knife (or similar)

Let's start with the switch, how you go about doing this is up to you, but be careful if you decide to disassemble the switch to do it, there is 3 little tiny springs inside and little pieces of plastic, you do not want to lose. Luckily I had extras from a spare Celica switch I had lying around. Basically you want to change it from looking like this:
Afbeelding

To looking like this:
Afbeelding

That's all there is to modifying the switch, I was surprised it was this simple, as modifying the AE86 switch is much harder, and takes much more effort.

Now, moving onto the slightly harder, but not too bad part, modifying the power window relay to support the auto up function.

Pop open the relay (not hard, you can use your fingers):
Afbeelding

Slide the PCB (circuit board) out of the relay housing, it's not held in with anything:
Afbeelding

This is what the PCB looks like from the factory, you can see 2 empty spots on the board, and 1 piece of wire linking 2 traces:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

What you need to do first is remove the link piece from the circuit board:
Afbeelding

Next, add the 3 diodes to the PCB, make sure you get the polarity correct! It will NOT work if you put one or more on backwards:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

I've tested the AW11 modified relay in my AE86, and it worked as expected, without any glitches. Auto up sure is nice. The one final thing that you need to make sure is that you have a wire going from Pin 7 on the switch's connector to Pin 7 on the power window relay, this is the Auto Up wire, on my AE86 harness the wire was already in place, so I had to do no modification. Like I said at the beginning, I do not own an MR2, so I cannot check the harness myself, sorry.

Hope you guys get some use out of this, I know there was some people out there that really wanted to do this (since all the SW20 guys can do it, heh!).

Jeff
Afbeelding
El Butre schreef:Paul zegt niet vaak wat nuttigs, maar zijn avatar klopt nog steeds....
mr2PUNTfreak schreef:Paul jij snapt het tenminste!:dux-blij_thumb-up:
Plaats reactie